For All Visits
Please do not forget to:
Schedule an appointment
– Bring a current immunization record and all relevant medical information
– Bring current insurance information
– Ensure the doctor listed as your PCP (for HMO, CHIP or Medicaid) is a Steeplechase Doctor
– Come early if your insurance or demographic information has changed.
There are some forms you must fill out prior to being seen the first time. To make the process of filling out forms as easy as possible, we have put patient forms on our website. Please print and fill out the forms to save time during your appointment. If you are unable to fill out the forms before you arrive at our office, please come thirty minutes prior to your appointment so that you will have plenty of time to complete all forms.
If your newborn was in the hospital for less than 48 hours, please schedule an appointment for a newborn follow-up visit 2 or 3 days after discharge. If your newborn was in the hospital for more than 48 hours, please schedule an appointment for a follow-up visit 7 – 14 days after discharge. If you were given special follow-up instructions from the doctor, please call us and schedule your appointment accordingly. Appointment slots are always available for your newborn.
For well child care, and back to school/sports physicals, please make an appointment as early as possible, as demand may vary throughout the year. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time so that any required paperwork (e.g. change of address/telephone number, or insurance) can be handled before your scheduled time.
Please contact our office as soon as you think your child needs to be seen. If you are not sure, please call early in the day so that we can give you the appropriate advice. We see sick children the same day you call.
No Shows and Tardiness
Our goal is to provide timely and convenient service. It is unfair to others if you don’t show up for your appointment, come late or walk in without calling first. If you have an appointment and cannot make it, please contact us to either cancel or re-schedule your appointment within 24 hours. There will be a $25.00 charge if you fail to do so. If you know you will be at least 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, please call us and let us know. This will enable us to see patients as timely as possible.
Payment and Insurance
It is your responsibility to have a current insurance card available and to be familiar with your own policy. We will submit the claim to your insurance company. You may be responsible for any portion that is not covered. Payment is expected at time of service. We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards, excluding American Express.
– All appointments after regular business hours, weekends and all Federal Holidays are subject to $20.00 fee.
– All calls to the answering services that are sent to on-call physician are subject to $15.00 fee.
– On Mondays to Fridays, if you have the last appointment and have checked in before or at scheduled time, you will not be assessed an after-hours fee. If you arrive and are checked in after last appointment scheduled time, a $20.00 fee will apply.
– There is a $5.00 replacement fee for any lost or expired prescriptions.
– Transfer of medical records from Steepleshase Pediatrics to any other medical practice, Physician or Hospital is a subject to $27.00 fee.
The medical team at Steeplechase Pediatrics believes that childhood vaccines are extremely important for the health of your child and the community. We follow the guidelines established by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Should you choose to not follow our recommended vaccines schedule, you should discuss that with your child’s doctor. He or she might be willing to work with you during your child’s first year of life. However, after 12 months of age, Steeplechase Pediatrics’ policy is that a child who is not receiving the recommended immunization may not continue to be a patient at out offices.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss a payment plan, please contact our business office at 281-469-2838.